Objectives and Expectations from Pain Management Program
The goals and steps that have to be taken in a particular pain management will depend on the type of pain a patient is suffering from like is it Chronic pain or an acute pain etc. The program made for patients is totally customized to the symptoms they are having and the type of pain, its intensity etc.
1) Pain cannot be healed or cured just on the basis of the pain intensity like there are various algorithms used for blood pressure, blood sugar which are numeric based. Rather the doctor or the physicians have to categorize it as the type of pain basis the medical reports. Like is it acute or chronic, inflammatory or neuropathic etc .
2) Basis on the case the goals have to be discussed with the patient and all parties involved also there must be an agreement to the plan of treatment. Any sort of questions or clarifications must be solved for the patients.
3) There is also an assessment of the meaningful pain relief and a statistics of 33% to 50% is considered meaningful from a patient's perspective. This stands correct for both types of pain that is chronic or acute. The proficient team of BookMyEssay ensures to write error free and plagiarism free content for the students who need to seek pain management essay assignment help.
Types of Pain and their Identification
1) One of the most common pain are the acute pains that come for a shorter and smaller span of time and they start suddenly in the body part. Then we also have chronic pain which is rather for a longer time duration and generally stays in the body till cured. Breakthrough pains happen in between the scheduled pain killers
2) Bone pain when the bone has been affected with cancer and there is a pain in there. Soft tissues pain when there is inflammation in tissues or muscles or the tissues or organs are damaged. While a nerve pain happens when nerve is damaged
3) Referred pain happens when pain in one part of the body is felt in another part of the body . Phantom pain on the other hand occurs when pain is felt in the body part that has been removed.
4) There is also a concept called total pain which means the overall pain which is about the spiritual, emotional, social factors and it affects a person's pain experience.
To sum it up we can say that how a person feels a pain is different from how another person feels it. Pain is an individual experience and it is important for a patient to clearly describe his pain to the physician because unless he does that there will not be a clear assessment and understanding of why pain is happening. Hence keeping a pain diary is also very helpful. Any dissertation thesis writing help on pain management that a student needs is available at BookMyEssay.