Conflict Management Strategies
In any situation where we have more than one people involved there can be a possibility of a conflict. Poorly managed conflicts can lead to jeopardy, clashes, de motivation and lots of other stemming issues. Accommodating strategy in which we essentially give more stand to what other side wants and let them be at above hand. As the name suggests we try to accommodate more.
In this strategy, the parties involved wish to bring in more peace and keep conflict away from them. For e.g. when we incorporate a formal dress in a set up we also think of other perspectives and introduce casual Friday as a concept and allow professionally casual clothes on a Friday. College students can enjoy affordable Conflict management homework writing services from BookMyEssay platform at the reliable cost.
Avoiding strategy which involves keeping for conflict away and putting it off. It involves more of avoiding conflict situations rather than confronting or resolving. It works on the perspective that things will resolve and work out on their own and it's better to avoid them for now. Generally, people with low confidence or esteem adopt this strategy of avoiding the conflict.
Collaborating strategy means working out with everyone's opinion and finding a mid way. It is more of working together and bringing out the best collaboratively. Compromising strategy as the name suggests involves giving up on some or the other elements in order to bring down to a better state or an acceptable state of affairs.
Competing strategy comes from the word competition wherein one person falls stronger on the other. It is a state where one person loses and other wins or takes over the one who lost. It's a zero-sum game in which one side loses and other wins.
How to Handle Conflict at Work
Primarily it becomes very important that we set up some time and meet with the person and discuss, talk it out and resolve for things:
- Focussing more on issues not on people or personalities, more on areas of development and things that need attention
- Listen more and assume less. Understand the issue and then come to conclusion. One should try to gather more information and then only arrive at final decisions. Ask more questions and gather the information
- Identify what are the areas of agreement and disagreement, come to conclusion by discussions and review of the overall idea.
- Focus on facts, information, and data. Do not get into blame games or assumptions or perception rather go by what facts tell you.
- Always try to stick to your concern area or the issue. Do not let any sidetrack conversation interrupt Or disrupt it at all.
Improvise Conflict Management
To bring better-improved conflict resolution you must be able to listen a lot more than what you assume. Practice listening and understanding to what other person is trying to say. Do face to face communication if possible as communication is the best way to resolve things, bring parity of thoughts etc. Do what is most difficult in these situations that is maintain calm and peaceful review the situations etc. BookMyEssay gives online case study assignment writing help on conflict management subject without any delay.