Features of Ekiga
The features are highlighted in our help for assignment on Ekiga as follows:
- Can be used easily along with a modern GUI or Graphical User Interface
- Free Instant Messaging via the internet
- Audio as well as Video free calls via the internet
- You can choose the service provider
- Video and audio calls to cell phones and landlines to the cheapest service providers
- Standard telephony support such as call transfer, call hold, DTMF, and Call forwarding
- SMS to mobile phones when the service provider supports
- High definition sound and high video quality till DVD quality
- Local and Remote Address Book support: Local Address support and Remote Address Book support
- It has wide interoperability. It uses deployed standards related to telephony protocols (H.323 and SIP). It has been tested with hard phones, softphones, and PBX.
- Multi-platform: Linux/GNU and Windows.
Benefits of Ekiga
Ekiga, which was named GnomeMeeting offers support to the popular VoIP protocols. It depends on the protocol used by you, either H.323 or SIP, you might have sessions with video and/or voice. SIP is quickly becoming a popular and complete-featured way of communicating. The use and configuration of Ekiga are quite easy. When you open it, there will be a few steps that can guide you through the setting of the VoIP account similar to the manner you want it. Within a few minutes, you can place your first call.
It has an address book that keeps track of the contracts. The roaster separates the calls that you make frequently from those calls with whom you do not communicate much. You can stop the video, audio, or both audio and video any time during a conversation and you can transfer the call or put the call on hold.
This program might not contain a lot of features, however, it has all the features that you for communicating anywhere with clear and quality connections. It is a great application for people who want to communicate.
These days videoconferencing and voice over IP is very popular. The proprietary programs that use closed communication protocols are available all over the market. Not many people know that alternatives exist. The basic objective of Ekiga is a mix between a professional IP Telephony and a simple chat application for Linux/GPU desktop. It is an SIP softphone and it can entirely replace SIP IP Phones and thus many people use it. These are some of the benefits that are discussed in our Ekiga assignment help in Australia.