The Industries that Use Dry Van Shipping
Many industries make use of dry van trucking for various reasons. Firstly, a lot of products can be shipped through dry van including foods, electronics, automotive equipment, cleaning products, and many more. Another reason why it is used frequently is that these shipping companies are easy to find. Many third-party logistics and shipping companies focus a lot on dry van shipping as it provides lucrative services. It means you will not have much difficulty to finding carriers that is able to handle your shipment.
As far as employment opportunities are concerned dry van trucking service providers offer a wide range of workers as they run nationally, regionally, and locally. This makes it easier for employees to find jobs according to their needs. The industries that use dry van shipping are highlighted in our Dry Van Trucking homework help online as follows:
- Food and beverage
- Consumer goods
- Cleaning products
- Health and beauty
This shipping is great for packaged freight, which does not require refrigeration or temperature control. It is a standard can or smaller in size as it offers versatile logistics across many industries.
Why Use Dry Van Trucking?
The reasons to use it are discussed in our online help with assignment on Dry Van Truckingas follows:
- A dry van is a rectangular box with doors. It is designed for transporting boxes of cargo and equipment. These vans are not temperature-controlled and therefore they can be used for all kinds of shipment except perishable and temperature-sensitive goods.
- Dry vans can be used for non-perishable beverages and food, clothing items, household goods, and plastic. They are versatile because they can hold various products.
- These vans give freight protection from rough weather and damage. They are used commonly for their enhanced ability and safety and preventing cargo theft.
- Historically, these vans are in high demand and used commonly. They are highly common and they have a huge demand.
- Dry van trucking has hardwood flooring, which can prevent moisture from entering through open doors.
- Dry van trailers are available in various sizes. The most common size is 53’ x 8’ 6” x 8’ 6”. The other sizes are 24 ft trailer or a 25 ft trailer. It can carry 25 standard pallets or 45,000 pounds of freight.