Features of Coordinating
The important features of Coordinating are discussed in our Coordinating homework help online as follows:
- It is not relevant for individual efforts but for group efforts. Coordination includes an orderly pattern of efforts of a group. In individual efforts, as the performance of an individual does not impact the functioning of others, there is no need for coordination.
- It is a dynamic and continuous process. It is continuous as this is achieved through performing various functions. It is dynamic in nature because the functions change as per the stage of the work.
- Many organizations have a kind of coordination. However, management can make special efforts for improving it.
- A greater degree of coordination occurs when the integration for performing different functions enhances.
- It emphasizes the unity of efforts. It includes fixing the manner and time the way different functions perform in an organization. It enables individuals to integrate the complete process.
- Coordinating is the responsibility of all managers in an organization. This is an integral role of a manager as he synchronizes the subordinates’ efforts with others.
Why is Coordinating Important?
The importance is highlighted in our help for assignment with Coordinating as follows:
Encourages team spirit: There are many rivalries and conflicts among individuals, line and staff employees, etc. Coordinating arranges the objectives and work in a manner so that there are fewer rivalries and conflicts. Employees work in teams and achieve the common goals of an organization.
Proper direction: Many departments exist in an organization. Every department performs various functions and it brings together all these activities to achieve the common goals of an organization.
Facilitates motivation: It gives freedom to its employees. It gives then financial as well as non-financial incentives. Thus, employees receive job satisfaction and they are motivated for better performance.
Optimum use of resources: It brings the material and human resources together. It helps to utilize the resources optimally. It reduces resource wastage in an organization.
Achieve objectives rapidly: It can minimize rivalries, conflicts, delays, wastages, and other problems. This way an organization can work smoothly. With coordination, organizations can achieve their objectives quickly and easily.
Improves organizational relations: It improves the relations of the organizations by developing good relations between Top-level managers, middle-level managers, and low-level managers.
Results in greater efficiency: Efficiency will increase when the cost is less and returns are more. Coordination results in optimum resource utilization and hence, higher efficiency.