Collective Bargaining involves the following:
- Organizational Trade Unions
- Documents interpretation written by employees, employers, and union representatives.
Forms of Collective Bargaining
Collective Bargaining assumes different forms. In the beginning, bargaining can be between a single union and a single employer. This is called single plant bargaining. It prevails in India as well as the United States.
Secondly, collective bargaining can be between workers and a single firm that has several plants. This is known as multiple plant bargaining wherein workers bargain along with the common employer via various unions.
Thirdly, rather than a separate union collectively bargaining with separate employers, the unions of the same industry bargain with the federation of employers of the industry. It is called multiple employer bargaining and it is possible at the regional as well as the local levels. Get quality Collective bargaining essay homework help online from experts to attain A+ grades in exams.
Pre-Requisites of an Effective Collective Bargaining
The pre-requisites of effective collective bargaining is mentioned in our Collective Bargaining assignment help online as follows:
- Presence of a strong trade union representative in the industry, which beliefs in settling the disputes.
- The willingness for using new tools and methods to solve industrial problems. The negotiations must be fully based on facts and figures and the parties should follow a constructive approach.
- Existence of enlightened and strong management that can combine the various parties such as owners, employees, society, consumers, and the Government.
- To function collective bargaining properly, both parties should avoid unfair labor practices.
- Proper records related to the problem must be maintained.
- The agreement related to the basic objectives regarding an organization between the employees and the employer on mutual rights.
- Collective Bargaining is conducted best at the plant level. If there is more than a single plant in a firm, the local management should be given proper authority for negotiating with the trade union.
- There should be a change in the attitude of employees and employers. They must realize that differences may be resolved peacefully between the parties with any help from a third party.
Our writers offer Collective Bargaining research paper writing help to let you score the best.
Features of Collective Bargaining
The main features of Collective Bargaining are highlighted in our Collective Bargaining assignment writing help as follows:
- It is a group action
- It is a constant process
- It is a bipartite process
- It is dynamic
- It is mobile and flexible and not static and fixed
- It is industrial democracy
- It is an art
- It is not a competitive process but a complementary process.