There is also a good scope as a management consultant. You have to offer advice to companies on how to streamline their operations. This is done by understanding the objectives of the clients and analyzing the requirements needed to achieve these goals.
If you are enrolled for operations management-related MBA program, then also you have a huge scope. If the MBA is done from a reputed university, you can get opportunities from various international organizations. The MBA course in operations management is usually divided into service operations and manufacturing operations. A lot of individuals, after studying MBA, can also thrive as entrepreneurs.
Major Topics and Concepts from Operations Management
The topics and concepts you study depend on the institution and course you have selected. Here we discuss some major topics from this field:
It comprises of organizational behavior and technological elements. The production system can be either discrete part production or continuous process production. In process production, there are no assembly operations and the products are transformed physically/chemically. Raw materials cannot be obtained easily from the final product. Examples of products include cement, paper, petroleum products, and nylon.
Part products include assembly systems and fabrication systems. In the first category, one can find assembly lines, fixed position systems, and assembly shops. In the second category, transfer lines, flexible manufacturing systems, manufacturing cells, and job shops are included.
The production systems can also be classified on lead time. The major categories include made to order (MTO), assemble to order (ATO), purchase to order (PTO), engineer to order (ETO), etc.
We offer operations management assignment help for all these production systems.
Metrics in Operations Management
To track the effectiveness/efficiency of plans and policies use in operations strategy, various metrics are utilized. Here are some major metrics related to effectiveness and efficiency.
- Time - It involves information lead time, punctuality, and production lead time
- Price – It includes maintenance costs, user costs, purchase price, disposal costs, and upgrade costs.
- Quality – It ensures the products as per the necessary compliance and according to the specifications.
- Ecological soundness – It discusses how a system impacts environment and biological systems
- Flexibility – The factors include the rate of complexity, stock availability, production volume, and other elements.
- Capacity utilization – It tells about total manufacturing output capacity that is being used at a particular instant.
- Schedule or Production Attainment – A company can measure the percentage of time used to achieve a target production level from a specified schedule of time.
- Throughput – The quantity of product that is produced on a plant, unit, line, or a machine over a particular time period.
The metrics can tell a lot about improving customer experience, cost reduction, innovation, and other aspects of operations. Our assignment writers are well-aware of all major metrics that are taught in the colleges/universities and used in the industries. Therefore, you can receive operations management assignment help on these metrics.
The fields of mathematical theory can also be applied in operations management. Query and mathematical optimization problems are applied in operations research. The tools used in quality management include scatter diagram, histogram, control charts, Pareto charts, check sheets, and stratification. These tools mainly utilized for approaches like six sigma and quality management.
These tools and mathematical theories can be difficult, especially when you to have to write assignments. You can ask for operations management assignment help on all these theories and tools.