Though Microsoft Operating Systems are one of the largest selling ones, slowly but steadily, the UNIX based open source operating system Linux has generated its own loyal fan base. Since its creation in 1991 by Linus Torvalds has not just revolutionized the world but also has been behind the empowering of various start-ups as well as new gadgets. It is one of the most dominant OS when it comes to mobiles and cloud but is yet to dominate the desktop arena. The major attractions of Linux are that it is free and open source in nature making it the best OS for collaborations. Many of the high-end supercomputers, smartphones, secure routers as well as high-speed trains and space-faring robots; all are powered by Linux! The popularity of the OS has led to many people taking it up for further studies, which has led to the demand for Linux assignment writing help.
What Makes Linux Popular?
There is no doubt about the rising popularity of Linux. Every day, a large number of students, developers, and computer enthusiasts are discovering the benefits associated with this OS. Here are some interesting facts which may have contributed to the popularity of the system:
- It is one of the biggest free software projects, with a new Linux kernel version released every 2-2.5 months.
- Linux 1.0 was launched in March 1994 with 2.0 version followed in 1996.
- The Linux mascot is a penguin named Tux.
- The Linux community is one of the most actively developing community involved in a kernel merging rate of an average 7.8 patches/hour!
- It is the single largest open source OS with the smallest kernel having 20, 323, 379 code lines (as of 2018).
- Microsoft, one of the arch-rivals powers Linux in its server business and also contributes to its kernel development. Other top contributors include Samsung, Google, Intel, and
- The current version of the OS has less than 1% codes written by the original developer Linus Currently, codes are being developed, merged and managed by many developers.
- More than 95% of codes in Linux are written using C language.
- All major space programs including NASA and ESA as well as private space agencies like SpaceX use the fault resistant Linux systems.
- It runs almost all the supercomputers in the world! As per 2018, all of the world’s fastest 500 supercomputers use Linux as their OS.
- Almost 90% of the visual effects seen in Hollywood blockbusters have Linux to thank for!
- One of the most successful OS – Android, that powers most smartphones across the world runs on Linux.
- Public clouds are majorly supported by and run on Linux.
- The most famous Linux based desktop system is Ubuntu with approximately 20 million users worldwide.
Why the Need for Linux Assignment Help?
Considering the popularity of the operating system, it is no wonder that many people wish to learn the nuances of Linux. This has often led to the need for Linux Programming assignment help. Many students face issues when completing tasks at hand. There is no dearth of online sites like BookMyEssay who come to the aid of students. Providing timely assistance to students in need, you are assured of quality work which helps develop a better understanding of the topic.Tags: Linux assignment writing help, programming assignment help